Sunday, February 18, 2007

why i couldn't sleep and still can't

so....it's been awhile...almost a year.. since i posted about not being able to sleep...
now i can sleep anytime..it's funny to see the last post b/c I was pregnant and didn't know yet.
now this may get a little too personal; but the weekend of easter I realized my girl cycle wasn't kicking in and that I was a little off. The next day was Easter Monday, I decided to go get groceries before I headed to the beach with K. At the grocery Ipicked up a preggers test...for the heck of it. Came home and realized the test was positive before I was even off the "potty". So I took another one. I called Travis and told him. He was excited of course; but he was upset at me for not telling him in a surprised manner. I remember that the rest of the day was a blur. I had to go to BR to return some pants that I didn't like; but I had no idea what size to get. I must of been acting crazy b/c the sales clerk said to me "are you pregnant". i said "maybe". I called the doctor's office and the nurse said "are you pregnant" to which I responded... "I think so" and here is how the conversation went "did you take a preggers test?" me: "Yes" nurse: "was it positive" me: "Yes" nurse: "then you ARE pregnant". Me: "really? are you sure?"

So I drive to the beach to meet my best friend. We lounge for awhile chit chatting. Talking about work. The nice day. The fact that we love going to the beach in April, etc. Then she starts talking about her wedding in November.... she knew that I was thinking about trying to get preggers during the summer. So when she joked that I might be a few months preggers in her wedding I froze. I said..."ummmm...kar, how about I'll be nine months preggers in your wedding"? She just looked at me. This is why she is one of my best friends.She didnt' freak out. She didn't jump up and down. She got excited and then we just sat there for awhile in our surreal moments..

I'll have to keep writing about my reactions to being preggers my first month.
This is a horirble post; but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things for myself.

I've been inspired by the things God has taught me, my family (my hubby and my 2 mo old son), and most recently by old friends from my hometown..

I have a lot I'd like to write about these days..
But the insomnia isn't happening anymore.
Now I can sleep ANY time. ....if Austin would let me...

No comments: