So I've realized that I really enjoy living in a small house.
I do. Right now, I'm amazed that I can say that because my cat and dog (the namesake of this blog) are driving me crazy! And they have finally started to annoy my husband! Keegan has decided he just loves me so much and can't stand to not be right next to me. Avery has developed a weird fear of anything that makes noise and is now in charge of barking at everyone who passes our house. She also wanders around freaked out following me everywhere. Anyhow. Not the point of the blog post today.
What I have enjoyed about being in a small house is that I have to organize. I have fallen in love with little plastic bins of all sizeds. Yeah, I'm sure that's not super eco-friendly. Sorry. It's the truth. About a month ago, my hubby installed an additional shelf in our laundry closet so I could put all the chemical cleaning products in there in preparation for Austin crawling. I am in heaven I have about six matching bins from Lowes with a variety of cleaning products. Now I'm sure I could have crammed them all in a big large bin. But what's the fun in that. And this last week I found PINK plastic bins and a rolly shelf for 4.00- 13.00 at Target for my closet for shoes/ purses/ etc. You can actually see the floor in my closet.
Now my latest love is leftover plastic snap, zip, or seal bags. They are the ones that table cloths or curtains come in from Bed Bath and Beyond or somewhere like that. I love them. I love love love my Vera diaper bag from my sister, AKA Aunt Joy; but I love having little clear zipper bags that I can grab out of my diaper bag and toss into my purse in order not to have so much to carry. I love to find uses for them. I think my husband thinks I'm crazy. I have a pile of boxes in the garage that he keeps trying to throw out; but I have a plan for those boxes as well...
So I admit it. I've gone from a very haphazard house organizer to a fully devoted martha stewart organizer. Oh the plans I have for my little house!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment