It will take nine months.
Nope. I didn't believe him.....my physical therapist that is. For about 7 months of my pregnancy with Austin, I went to phyiscal therapy. I had two therapists. One is about 5 feet tall and one is about 6' 7". They are comedy. They are also great. They also love God and their patients.
However, I didn't want to believe Jon, the more vertically challenged one.
He kept telling me that it'd take nine months to lose my baby weight.
No way I kept saying. I hadn't gained that much. And I should only have about 15 pounds to battle.
But he was right. I suddenly realized that Austin is now 7 months old and I am still battling my last 12 pounds which for some people may not be a big deal. But it is to me. Several reasons: 1. vanity 2. general health 3. i want to have another baby someday and i had to work really hard to get in shape for this one b/c of pre-existing conditions.
So.....what's the plan. I had some major hiccups along the way that I will spare everyone from the gruesome details; but I did have an abnormally long recovery from pushing out a baby and then I had weird things. Round 2 of my kidney stone, a skin infection, and a recurring foot issue.
So....I was defeated. I kept "trying". But I was not nose to the grind, ticked off, going to do something, I used to sell books door-to-door for crying out loud trying.
That is always my mantra. My tangent. My dig down deep in my gut and give my self a good talking to thought. And besides my own vanity and self-talk. I really feel like I need to be responsible for my health.
So now that I've posted this into cyberspace...... I gotta get back to my diet...
It's teaching me a lot.... my diet... my extra weight....my frustration.... I'm sure they'll be more to come.
Monday, August 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment