So, just devoured. I mean read Blue Like Jazz this weekend.
Hmmm. Why was I so behind. I need to re-read SLOWLY and think about concepts to implement.
Head spinning though.
Highly Recommend it.
I seriously have to admit, I've been very slow to read all the new Authors. Rob Bell. Donald Miller. Etc. I don't know why. I guess I was raised in very conservative Bible scholoar teaching. I guess the whole "emergent" church concept is frowned upon by many....and I haven't even gotten to that book, yet. I guess the perception and thought is to be watering down the truth and focusing on seeker friendly this and that instead of debating theology. But I think I'm in the middle. I desperately think the theological discussions and study are needed; but I also think the language and discussion of faith must always change. God does NOT change. Ever. Period. But each generation brings new thought and knowledge and ways of understanding how to know Jesus in our daily lives. How are we to be different and seperate and focused on a relationship with Jesus TODAY. We don't need to make Him relevant and fit to OUR world; but we need to make our world RELEVANT to who God is and what His love is about and how we are to live because we are sinners saved by Grace.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment