Thursday, July 24, 2008

Indiana

I haven't been back to the middle southern part of Indiana for over 7 years.

I didn't feel old at my 30th birthday. In fact, I felt settled. But I feel old now.

It's a passing thing, I guess. But I truly still feel that I'm 22 years old and can drop everything at the drop of a hat and go dancing all night with my girlfriends. I know I wasn't supposed to go dancing all night while I was in college due to the fact that my school sort of had a policy on it. But it was some of my favorite memories of being that completely silly and young.

I laugh now because 11 pm is super super late. I'm way too tired to put on high heals at 11 pm and I probably would be sad because they'd play music that I wouldn't know.

But, there was something so fun and freeing about dancing our little hearts out and coming home without a voice from singing over the music so loudly.

No regrets of where my life is now... but I have a Story People picture that talks about a mom who always wanted to be a dancer even after she had several kids. And that's me. Sometimes, when I'm super tired or stressed out- I just want to dance & sing to some silly song at the top of my voice. And I do still do that...it's just not as often..

Maybe I'll bring back the car dancing..at least.

No comments: