Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Conformity...a tiny rant...

So...I've felt the pressure lately to have a platform or a theme to my blog. Not becuase anyone has been rude; but because I'm a people pleaseer. Felt the pressure to keep it short and sweet: be profound... But, I'm revolting....I don't know what blog etiquette is; but I'v enjoyed my blog and reading other blogs for the sheer fun of it. I like to be inspired and challenged spirtually; but this blog has to be me. I've started to feel that since my friends and co-workers have platforms that I've got to be imporant. I also started to feel that I didn't have a right to have a platform b/c my title isn't director or whatever... So I've enjoyed this blog because it's been a great tool for spiritual reflection and challenge me to write again...And I won't let Satan have an inch to get into my head. I've spent way too much of my life conforming to be "cool" or fit in. Every place of employment and school I've been in I've ended up conforming... so... guess what... it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to. Ha ha... So I may not be as techno-savvy as the "blog king" and some people may not want to read my blog; but that's okay.

I like pink. I like country music. I have a mosaic style of taste. I like modern and funky; but I like to live in the serene colors of peace. I like to be creative; but I'm also pretty boring. I love Emily Dickenson and Max Lucado who are both quite cliche in most opinions.

But that's me. Take it or leave it.
And to those of you who love me for me. Thank you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it. there shall be no conforming of the blogs just because of who reads them. write your heart...share your passions. just write however you feel lead. personally i love your blog.

Sarah said...

girl. i don't know you all that well yes, but i love what i know so far. who says blogs have to be profound? i'm probably going to use mine to tell stupid anecdotes, like the time I got a piece of candy corn lodged in my nasal passage (everybody, stay tuned)...by the way, are you a jane austen fan?

Sarah said...

i meant yet, not yes.

Jessica said...

Sarah, I did read a few Jane Austin's in my day; but I think I was more on the "dark" literature in college. Read Pride and Prejudice with mr. darcy...

Anonymous said...

You are being fined for excessive words....$1 per word made payable to BlogPolice...

Jessica said...

If you Mr. Blog Police weren't so A.D.D., you would be able to read more than 5 sentnces at a time. Ha.

Sarah said...

Dark, huh? So, Wuthering Heights, I guess. I love that book. Thomas Hardy fan? I forgot that you were a literature lover like me (although I don't read as avidly as I ought to). Maybe we have much to discuss...

Rick said...

write for yourself - in the long run, you're the only one reading every single day anyway :) - really, if you like it, others will, too. agenda-driven blogs tend to turn me off, while real life this is happening to me journals are much more meaningful, aren't they? keep it up.

Jessica said...

Thanks to all for their support. And Shawn, leave me alone :)