Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Katrina
Another time of my life I will never forget. I can't imagine the devastation. I live at the coast and have as much likelihood of being hit by a hurricane as New Orleans or Mississippi did. The news is so sad. The theft makes me angry. I hope those people know that Jesus loves them so much and can bring good out of this. As I am waiting for news from our church who is scrambling to come up with a plan of how to help the people along the cost who are affected by Katrina, I want to post a link to Samaritan's Purse. Samartian's Purse is run by Franklin Graham, the son of Billy Graham. His story and ministry has always been close to my heart. I have always wanted to work for Samaritan's Purse. My mom has beat me to it in a way as being a district leader for their Christmas Shoebox ministry; but the picture on their site gives me chill bumps. Click here I have always loved this ministry because they will tell you exactly how the money is being spent. This picture is of their Disaster relief trucks heading to the destruction areas. You can see them lined up heading out of the North Carolina mountains in the rain. I'm praying for those trucks and truck drivers and the volunteers who will go in the name of Jesus to help rebuild material things in hopes of investing in lives for eternity..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment