So...I've been on the sly for awhile about where I work and what I do..I've been bloggin for about a month...and now I've gone and opened my big mouth (as usual) and people are actually reading this. So...now I must raise the bar! The challenge is on! So...I've seen the bar raised lately in the area of Small Groups at our church.
I have the awesome privelege of working for Mac, our Leadership Development pastor, as his assistant. He is working on Small Group leader and coaches training programs (Please don't email me and ask if you can see it b/c it's not finished). One of the ideas that we are now implementing is Coach's Huddles for our Small Group Leaders.
Last night, I went to my first Women's Minstry/Small Group Leader Coaches' Huddle
I had nothing to do with the set up this meeting. I went completely as a SG leader.
It was awesome. As small group leaders, we each have our own "coach" and in an essence our own team. The standard for being a small group leader has been raised. Not that they want you to have more to do; but our pastors want to hold us to a higher standard of commitment. Monthly meetings for encouragement, spiritual growth, etc.
Here was the jist of the meeting:
Tables set up by "teams" under "coaches"
15 min Praise and Worship
20 min Announcement/ Info
20 min Mini-devotional from one of the leaders/ Training etc/ Encouragement.
The rest of the time was spent getting to know our team.
I look forward to the impact this commitment and growth will bring to the lives of the people in our Small Groups.
Tuesday, August 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment