About three hours into our trip to Richmond, VA, my husband and I start arguing about the temperature in the car. I'm sitting in the sun; but it sure does feel a bit hotter, so I start to agree with him. An hour later. Nothing. NO air. I'm suffocating. We roll the windows down to smell what we thought was a "rubber factory" in Rocky Mount, NC. We continue 2 more hours in 110 degree weather with me getting crankier and crankier as we go. I'm sitting on black leather, in the sun....
Once we finally arrive in Richmond we find a guy who is nice enough to look at our jeep. We soon found out we didn't smell a rubber factory. Instead, the compressor had melted into the clutch and the clutch was going out. THANK GOD that the air shut off and warned us to turn it off completely or we might have lost our clutch. In the midst of our frustration at spedning MORE money on one of cars, we realized that we had been provided for...
Now the rest of the story is that after we thought it was fixed...it's still not; but if I turn the lights on the car...now the air will work for 45 minutes at a time.
Hmmmmmmm....
Tuesday, August 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment