Friday, September 09, 2005

I stand amazed...

I never thought I'd be blessed by cubicle living in my office. But I am truly blessed; and this is why. I sit next to our Katrina Relief coordinator and for almost two weeks now, I have been able to over here the outpour of not only generosity; but God's love that people have for helping people are hurting. I think it is innate in human nature to want to help people; but the motivation behind the people I am getting to come in contact with is not just physical relief. They see the big picture. They get it! They get that loving people this much and giving so unselfishly causes a revival in several places. Becoming so broken as so many of the hurricane victims have become brings one to their knees. However, at a time like this the opportunity to give and allow God to break your hear also stirs a spiritual awakening. I can't tell you exactly what it is; but I am so overwhelmed with the blessing of sitting behind the scenes of something so big. We started out trying to get donations and help to a sister church of ours in Baton Rouge. Now, we are "indefinitely" running a relief supply center out of our parking lot. 40' containers, flat beds, supplies, food for our volunteers to load trucks, fork lifts, tents to cover the supplies, etc have been donated.

What is even more in God's timing is that our church has been preparing to do a church and city wide campaign for 40 Days of Community. The concept, is to come together for 40 days to focus on loving and serving people in the name of Jesus. 40 days to change our perspective. However, God has already begun the revival in many hearts. Mine being one of them. I found myself standing with my arms raised to heaven at our church service last night as tears ran down my cheeks knowing that God had some big plans coming. I don't know if he meant they were for me personally or if they were focused on the community; but I have never so fully felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. How amazing that the Holy Spirit is overflowing into our supplies that will be carried in semi-trucks to help and carried over to those who need them.

No comments: