I'm off to the city of Memphis this week. My friend Heidi (or Finky Feenstra) is getting married to this great guy. That alone is celebration enough; but part of the fun is that THE GIRLS get together again. Yipee! So, yes, I'm being my good old self...dramatic... Because I don't really want anyone to know that I'm really boring and a grown up. So: I'm worried about what to wear. And I can't shake a few extra pounds...oh well..sunless tanner always makes you look skinny right? Ha ha. So I'm super excited (i'm sad travis isn't going; but I gurantee he's happy that he doesn't have to witness all the hysterical girl talk). I think there is an unspoken rule that when you get together w/ friends that you haven't seen in more than a year that you have to slightly revert to your old ways. How funny that is because I feel like I'm such a different person now. I went through old photos this weekend. I love to do that and I've already mentioned before that flying makes me nostalgic...so I figured I'd start the process early..But it's so funny to look at my face and the face of my friends and remember what we were thinking...if we were thinking at all. So I'll begin my reminiscing phase...and I'll probably start emailing everyone (stared a little...got an email from a friend in Colorad this week) that I know and used to know just to touch base b/c I hate to have lost any friends. SO...I'm off to see the Girls.
A quote on my wall in my home office says:
Memory "in the course of twenty crowded years one parts with many illusions. I did not wish to lose the early ones. Some memories are realties, and are better than anything that can ever happen to again." Will Cather.
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
we are ALL EXCITED to see you as well!!!! We love you and your "few extra pounds" - whatev! Yes, everyone changes over time, but the best thing about old best friends is that no matter where we are or who we've become - being together can close the circle of our lives. Bringing the best of the past, present and future out in all of us. xxoo!!
Post a Comment