Sunday, September 25, 2005

Memphis

So...I'm plucking away at my keyboard as I'm waiting for my pictures to upload from my trip to Memphis. I think I've finally stopped crying... okay, let me explain myself. My friend Heidi's wedding was beautiful. Every event was planned out perfectly and was designed to really honor God. They succeeded. It was amazing. But the other perk of the wedding was seeing a few of my best friends....and that's where the crying comes in..Happy crying and Sad crying.. It's funny. This blog is really just mine besides Karen and Ashley and a few random people; but some stuff about this weekend is just too stinkin almost sacred to me to post... . I love my girl friends. So here is my highlight list to document my weekend.... Starting with:

1. Stamping about 200 stationary cards w/ amazing stamps.
2. Laughing so hard I cried during dinner at the Thai place while Karen G, Abby, and I entertained our table with laughter because we were so hungry.
2. Making up the first edition of the Lyrical Dance: Two best friends torn apart by distance: the South and North and performing it in Heidi's kitchen.
3. The French Quarter Hotel....
4. Heidi's praise and worship service and communion.
5. Lunch at the cool house w/ the pool.
6. Our 1am "bonding" sessions: "So, what's going on that I don't know about with each of you...confessions of a Bobaholic, pooper scooper, and then the serious stuff.
7. breaking it down at heidi's wedding.
8. feeling out of place on beale street.
9. danny and the cat story.
10. saying good bye in the airport.

Heidi's mother in law said to us, "you know the best thing about getting together with your friends from the past is that you still act like you are 19!" And boy did we! I'm sure we've all grown up a bit..I'm sure we've all changed in ways that maybe we don't see about each other; but I'm okay to still be 19 at times.

yet, it's good to be home.

No comments: