I'm addicted. I love this. So...maybe I should password protect this blog. But I used to write like this; and it was great writing (I think). But, man, I was depressed. Great poetry--but way off in my thinking. So I haven't written much since I've been happy. Strange.
But. I've always wanted to write a book. Even just for me about the people in my life who have really meant something. So.... And I'll keep with the song lyric theme. This one's for the girls. (Martina McBride) Particularly my girl friends from college.
I've learned a lot from the girlfriends in my life... And they are like the ones that you see in the movies. Like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants or Ya Ya Sisterhood. Boy, I took them through it in college. I dated someone (or a couple someones) that they knew was not the person for me; and I just didn't want to hear it from them or my family. But they are true friends. Most people change so much when they go to college and to have people go through those ups and downs with you is amazing.
Vitamin C's One Hit Wonder: Graduation
So if we get the big jobs
And we make the big money
When we look back now
Will our jokes still be funny?
Will we still remember everything we learned in school?
Still be trying to break every single rule
Will little brainy Bobby be the stockbroker man?
Can {we ever} find a job that won't interfere with our tans?
I keep, I keep thinking that it's not goodbye
Keep on thinking it's a time to fly
And this is how it feels
As we go on
We rememberAll the times we
Had together
And as our lives change
Come Whatever
And yes, I still have a tan. It's called Sunless tanner from Arbonne. All natural. Hey- we aren't getting any younger.
To A, B, L, H, and S. This ones for the girls. Who knew me when and still love me now. To all of you who listened all night to whatever thought I had in my head. And let me cry on your shoulder. And let me figure out who I was. And who prayed for me. Who loved me. Who taught me to dance. Who knew what it was like to be sick. Who held on to her standards as an example for all of us. Who never let me stop laughing. Who made me get new makeup because mine was "caked on". Who could give "the look". Who let us crash at your appt every weekend. Who strengthened my faith. Who is the funniest person we all know. Who believed in me. Who stood at my wedding so truly happy for me. Who still pray for me and love me and listen. And I hope we are all striving to be women of faith. I hope I am half the friendto you as you are to me.
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment