Friday, July 29, 2005

Dying to Self...

Learning so much the last few days... Wow! My friend, Kathy, just said to me, God is about to show you something..because you feel like everything is swirling in a tornado affect, and it's gonna touch down. Then you'll see what he is showing you. So, sit there and listen. Sometimes, we dont' get the lesson for a while.

But I have a new "blog friend" who is challenging me; but he doesn't know it. Funny thing he went to Cedarville college, I went to Taylor (Midwestern Christian Colleges) I almost went there. Of course, he has no clue that my friend Karen and I are reading his blog. But the post today from a Brian Orme's blog rang so true of a lesson I have been learning the last year or so.

I mentioned yesterday that I used to love being in sales. Since I've left, I've had several friends and previous employers ask me to come back. Why not?...It's such an odd thing to explain; but I think it became my addiction. I had this complex for a long time that my sister was the smart one and my brother the athletic one. I didn't like being the oldest child. But, when I found out I could sell...Whew! I took off. And sometimes I stopped listening to God. He literally had to bring me to my knees in certain areas of my life because I wasn't willing to be moved on. Circumstances became so obvious that I needed to move on. And I mourned that move for a long time. I learned so much from God as a salesperson; but I also loved the thrill.

I don't think it means that God couldn't use that area of my life someday. I'm not against sales! (My husband is an awesome sales person). At one time though, I think, my "talent" had become my god in a way. Strong words to admit to cyber space.

We are doing a series at my church on the Ten Commandments, we talked about not having idols earlier. I wonder what my newest idols are... my status as "church" employee?

Twila Paris is singing in my MP3 player right now. "Can't imagine what the future holds, But I've already made my choice. This is where I stand until HE moves me on. And I will listen to His voice."

No comments: