Friday, July 01, 2005

Why I Love Country Music

So... I'm sitting here listening to Tim McGraw... and before any of you roll your eyes or start talking in a false twang..let me tell you why I love country music. It might be because I'm from the midwest. Ohio to be exact. Maybe I love it because I woke up every morning to the warm country air that held a faint scent of the cattle farm 2 miles behind my house. Or it could have been the fact that every Friday night the sky was lit up and the air was punctuated by the "zooming" sound of the race cars at Lima's (yeah like the bean..gives new meaning to bean town..huh) very own Speedway.. Maybe because I still miss my appaloosa pony and playing in the hay mounds at my grandma's farm.... Maybe because I went to college in a one stop light town with a literal "prairie" project on the premise. But I love country. I like to pretend I'm a city girl at times; but I'm pretty country...

And lately, I've loved listening to Tim' new song: Drugs or Jesus. Funny title. And I don't like it because of the "drugs"...part...I've never touched them. Seen too many people be torn apart by them...but that's another story.

I love this song because Tim starts singing about his " home town/ For anyone who sticks around/ You're either lost or you're found/ There's not much in between/In my home town/Everything's still black and white". And you know it's true about life. It is black and white. And in the world we live today everyone wants to live in the grey area. We want to skirt the truth. People want the "trendy" religion instead of the way to having a relationship with Jesus Christ. The red string or Tom Cruise's latest theory...

I'll keep on interpreting the rest of this song in future blogs..

I know nothing about this link; but here are the lines to Tim's song. And I truly hope Tim means this song. I think I believe he does. I hope he knows Jesus.......


http://http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/timmcgraw/drugsorjesus.html

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hmmm. Is that code for things are going bette?