A friend of mine recently dug ou her old journals and remembered that she used to write poetry. It made me laugh. I used to write poetry. It's weird. Poetry. I remember why I wrote it; but I don't remember where the words came from. Poems can take on a meaning of their own.
This was a bout a friend of mine who was walking away from God. I wrote this sometime around the demise of our friendship.
Fish Hooks
And here I stand
Middle of a cyclone’s spin
Tripping over leftovers
From what’s his name
On my way back to
Another depicted reality.
And there you are
Center stage again.
No recollection of the
Trampling sounds of
Damage beneath your feet.
On your way through another
Forgotten memory lapse.
And lately, I’ve been dreaming
About fish hooks and diamond studded eyes
Swept back against imperfection’s demise
Cascading arsenals of ammunition
On jagged ocean shores
Yeah, lately, I’ve been singing lullabies
To the angels who’ve forgotten how to fly
Now, I’m doing just fine
If I can keep making the sun shine
From the reflection of fallen stars
Caught in between the lines of oblivion
And you don’t even notice
That you’re swallowing broken glass
Shadowed by the rage and cries of desire
Awareness has faded into useless chance
But, I’m doing just fine
Cause, lately, I’ve been singing lullabies
To the angels who’ve forgotten how to fly
Yeah, I’ve been dreaming
About fish hooks and diamond studded eyes.
Saturday, July 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment