I love to laugh. Most people do; but sometimes it seems that life is just so serious. It seems we aren't supposed to be enjoying. I'm sure everyone knows people who are the laugh-Nazi's. They can't stand seeing people too happy. I feel bad for those people.
Now, don't get me wrong. I believe there is a time and place for everything; but I look at the people that are the closest to me. They are the people that make me laugh most. Even God saw the irony of laughter, (Abraham and Sarah's long awaited child Isaac. His name means laughter) even though it was because they didn't really have their faith properly aligned....okay, can anyone say, Rabbit trail? Sorry..
But last night, my little sister(okay so I can say that b/c she's only 3 inches shorter than me) called me. My sister is one of my favorite people in the whole world. I'm just glad we had about a four year 4 1/2 year age difference or we might have hated each other and been fighting over boyfriends..
But, there is just something about my sister and I in our latter years that we can just crack ourselves up. I was laughing so hard I was crying and couldn't breath. It was wonderful. Our poor husbands... But I was laughing because she's taking all these super-smart-kid masters courses, (stinkin over achiever) and now she's psycho analyzing her self. She thinks she has the halo effect where everyone allows her to succeed just because they like her. I asked her why then I didn't get better grades in school. "Jess, you must have been a brat she said". I was dying. It's probably true. She also talks faster than an auctioneer. Her quip, "Well, Jess, you talked so much I had to talk fast..." Sheesh. This kids got some major "Blame" issues.No more psych classes for her. Joy, you need to take responsibility for your own actions. What psych category does that fall under. HA!
She also has decided that she likes public transportation. Okay, so in London these days, not the favorite way to get there. NYC, not so hot, either. But she lives in Columbus Ohio. I mean, it's a big city. Since she's broke and takes 45 minutes to walk to class, she has decided she is riding the bus to school (grad school-not middle school). I think it's because we went to private school and never got to ride the bus. See how deprived she was. I mean, it's amazing that she's made it so far in life! But it's hysterical. She even has all her friends riding the bus now. I love it. And, yes, she has a car. It's a nice car; but Joy's riding the bus.
So, Joy, this blogs for you since you were upset that I hadn't written about you...And I'd written about my college girlfriends
Here's to your bus riding, fast talking, smarty pants ways. You make me laugh. And I still want to be just like you when I grow up. Love you!
Friday, July 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment