E. D. S.
Not important letters to most. Kinda been a big deal to me. E.D. S.
I'm sure I'll discuss this more later. But here's the jist of the E.D.S.
It's Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It's a connective tissue disease. I have type 3. Praise God.
Type 4 (I think) can be fatal. Type 3- hypermobility.
And my cheerleading advisor just thought I was flexibile.
So.
E.D.S.
At times it has rocked my world. It has brought me to me knees. It has not been fun. It has kept from doing things in my life. It has literally kept me from walking. I"ve had to quit jobs because of it.
I've cried. I haven't understood it or been understood by most people or doctors.
I look "normal". Whatever that means.
But I have E.D.S.
This year, I have prayed that I would learn what faith that can move mountains is. I have prayed in faith that I would be healed of my abbreviated disease.
I still have symptoms; but I believe if E.D.S. can be in remission that it has been put into remission. It's such an amazing story (to me) about how God has brought this about.
But now. There is a problem.
I've met someone who has E.D.S here where I live which is rare. 1 in 1/2 a million people have it.
So yeah, I'm one in 1/2 a million.
This girl. Her name is Sarah.
Now she wants me to come to a support group.
I don't want to go. I don't want to see people who have felt like I have. I don't want to hear how hard it is. I know it. I've lived it. I don't want to be labeled. I don't want to deal with it. I'm doing better. I've gotten it to be manageable. It's not the focus of my life. Yeah, I don't do certain things. I have certain limits.
I don't need a support group right now. I have my small groups at church.
But, you know what happens when God intervenes. It is not an accident that I've met the girl with E.D.S. It's not an accident that I am a girl with E.D.S. God has a plan. He has a new plan of how to use these three little letters.
So I'll go. I don't want to. But maybe it's not about me.
Maybe he wants to use what he's shown me through this battle to help others.
Everything in me dreads going to this meeting. But I think God might have a plan.
And I hate sitting on the sidelines when God is up to something in my life.
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment