Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Women of Faith

I don't know how people live without God in their lives. I just returned from the hospital. Close friends. Emergency surgery. They think it is cancer. My friends a doctor, so he had a friend check him out on his lunch break today. 4 hours later, he's in surgery..... My friends wife and I have become close friends over the last few months... She was so calm. Exuded such peace...
I don't know how big of a help you are sitting there. And me, I don't know... There were three pastors...they are trained...they are good at these things... I'm just so nervous at times like this. I just feel like crying for everyone...

Rewind. Last Friday morning. My friend's email comes across cyber space, there's no heartbeat on her 8 wk. pregnancy. I was there when she found out she was pregnant. We counted off the days of a missed cycle... I had to keep a secret for 3 weeks...She sat in the glow of the same peace the other day... and I don't' know if a card and a tiny pot of violets helps...I don't know if I say too much or too little at these times... So I keep praying for a miracle.

But, really, none of this has happened to me; but it's affected me so deeply to watch two close friends of mine who are amazing godly women sit at the feet of the Great Physician during this time. Their faith in God is truly amazing. A testimony. Already planning how God can use this in their lives. And so I'm blessed to watch God's hand at work and hope I'm able to be some sort of use to God in his work... I'm humbled...I keep praying...

I hope I will be prepared like they are for times like these. It is true, God never gives you more than you can handle when you seek Him. It doesn't say in that verse that he never gives more than you can handle to those who don't know Him. How do people do life without God? They don't know Him.

I can't imagine sitting in a starched white walled hospital room or doctors office with the scent of sterilization lingering...the hum of the IV tube...the quiet hushed whispers of the nurses....facing the unison without knowing that God is in Control.

What testimonies these two women carry.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

THanks so much Brittnay! I'm happy you are reading. Have fun with your new blog!