I love learning new things....ya know stretching..
Today I accomplished two things...well, one is debatable, I'll tell you in about 25 minutes when the timer on the oven rings... I'll letcha know.
1. I learned the VERY basics of Dreamweaver from my friend Karen So I can work on this new innovative Online Learning program for our church. So, I think I'm really hot stuff because I know the basics now of this program. Which probably means someone will give me some stupid name tags to do in Dreamweaver, leave town, and tell everyone I know what I'm doing. I'm kidding. I doubt you can do name tags in that program.
2. I am making a casserole that I've never made before. I realized that I needed to add about 20 minutes of time to the process because I just missed a step..I tossed the rice bag on the counter, then I shrugged. My own "Super Hubby" as Lori F (who types for me when my hands hurt) calls her Hubby, points out "Well, you used to throw the pans when you messed up or just quit the whole process all together." Great Save, Travis! I did. I used to get soooo mad when I messed up..
But it's hard. TO read directions. To start off new. To see if you'll fail. My boss wrote on his blog today that he hated being a sales person. Me? I loved it; but not just because I can sell ice to an eskimo! I loved the challenge. I loved getting to know people. I loved that every day was a chance to learn something new. And every day is like that....when we let it be. I knew every day I wasn't capable of my job without God. So why does it change because I deal with a computer and a church all day?
I've been tired lately. Consumed. Beat down. Worrying. About my health. About my friends (yes, there was another major scare today). Praise God for her safety. She's going to have to be added to the Women of Faith.
But I forget what life is about some times. God has so much to teach us, even in the casseroles and the Dreamweaver.
P.S. Yes, I like saying Dreamweaver. Yes, I like to pretend that I know what I'm talking about. And Shawn and Karen, you better watch out b/c I can name drop about TS, BE, etc with the best of them..
P.P.S. To those who are a little over all the shout outs in this blog, I'll return to my normal blogging tomorrow.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment