Friday, July 15, 2005

My cell phone went swimming in my protein shake..

So I'm on my health kick lately. Well, for the last year I've been experimenting with herbal supplements verses synthetics, etc. So now I'm on a fiber and protein drink experiment phase.

My thursday morning began as usual, I was putting the dog in her "room" for the day. Making my shake. Organizing my gym cloths. Oh, and I was going to pick my friend Karen up on the way to work since she's without a car for a few days. And I was cheerful because my boss who had been gone for two weeks was coming back. Most people love it when their boss is gone. Me, on the other hand, I like my boss and I like being busy and feeling productive.

I hop into Tigger, my Jeep Grande Cherokee. Slide across the seat. Toss my cell phone toward the opening of my new yellow (yes, yellow) purse and in slow motion I watch as my cell phone slides from my fingers into my protein shake that is perched in the center console cup holder.

So ten minutes later after diving into my protein shake to rescue my cell phone and running inot the house to dry my phone (I also dripped all the way back into the house. And no, I haven't cleaned it all up yet.) I re-enter Tigger after wiping down the seat and console. I slide across the seat and look down to see that I had just smeared protein shake all over my white skirt from the bottom of the stearing wheel. Ha! The comedy. Third trip back to Tigger minutes later with a new skirt and my still wet cell phone.

Needless to say. The cell phone, that I had never gotten a long with since I got it in April, is dead. I think it committed suicide. I'm serious. Cell phones are precious to most people. And this one. I just don't think he felt loved. His number 1 key never worked. He sent me voice mails three hours after they were originally left. So into the protein shake he went. I think he felt useless.

Yes, I drank the rest of my protein shake.

So, I'm now waiting for my new phone to arrive after making a claim w/ a claim officer with my cell phone insurance company who thought I was just the funniest thing to explain the protein shake story. He proceeded to tell me that he looked like Ben Afleck. Ha. Give me a break. Just send me the phone. My husband looks like Tom Cruise from Top Gun, I quipped. Send me my phone.

So by the end of the day, I managed to assist in the death of my cell phone and get hit on by "Ben" from the Insurance company. I'm on a temporary phone which is stupid to me because why can't I just keep this one and the Insurance company send my cell provider a new phone! However, my day was not complete until Tigger the Jeep ran out of gas on the way to new Charleston bridge fireworks; but THAT is another story...Tigger likes to run out of gas around a quarter tank without warning. However, unlike my deceased cell phone, I love Tigger the Jeep almost as much as I used to love Goldie the Honda.

Stay tuned. I promise to be deep and meaningful again later...

No comments: