Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Too many cobwebs

So I haven't really been effective at my blog in a few days. I think because too much has happened and I'm over sensitized. And my boss has been gone for almost 2 weeks and my brain goes to mush when I'm left too long to my own demise.

So I'll be shallow until I sort the cobwebs. I'm super convicted since my first official EDS meeting. Wow. Was I blown away. Definitely NOT a pity party. So I'm glad I listened to God. Glad I don't plan on sitting this one out. I feel a lot more validated in my little three letter disease also. There is an actual National Foundation that raises money for research and for awareness. I sat with a thirteen and fifteen year old that are oftem made fun of at school for things they can't do. I don't want kids to go through that.

So... I'm on the awarenss kick. Too long have I felt embaressed or said I have back problems instead of explaining what EDS really is.

No more. I've ordered my first wrist band. Yeah. My disease even has a wrist band now. That makes you feel special. Even though I know you can get them for about anything. Thanks to Lance Armstrong for starting that whole trend. Speeaking of Lance. We can get into why I should not be supportive of someone who doens't believe in God. But you know what. God has used Lance's story to encourage me whether Lance wanted to be a part of God's work or not...And yes, he is back in the maillot jaune today! And he started the wrist band thing.

I'm WAY off track.
So..more to follow about what position I'm signing up for with the EDS deal. But in the meantime. You can check out the website:
www.ednf.org to learn more about the effects of EDS.

No comments: