Almost every morning when I enter the hallowed halls of the office where I work I am greeted with three words that I've come to despise:
"You look tired."
Sheesh. Might as well say, you look awful. Here's the problem. I am a bit tired. I haven't been able to wake up as early as I would like to. I'm trying to set that plan in to motion. But, it takes my face an hour longer to wake up then the rest of me.
But, in my frustration, I think I will start responding in the following manner:
"Yes, thank you. You look a little off yourself. I believe that the reason I look tired is because I have allergies that are induced by dust, trees, mold, animals, and just about anything else that is living or breathing. When I go to sleep my allergies seem to get worse. When I wake up my sinuses are a bit more puffy than usual. Therfore, my eyes are a bit more puffy. And besides that I haven't been in the sun in awhile so I look a little fat around the cheeks. I also didn't put a ton of eye makeup on."
So there. Nothing deep. But my blog officially became a place to vent. I'll try to learn something from this. I don't know why it bothers me so much. But, it's not a pleasant greeting. It's not just from one person either. I can now count three people. One person does it almost every other morning...
So I think from now on I'll sit in my office til around noon and then rush to the bathroom and touch up my makeup so that I don't look tired.
Maybe my lesson is that I should be careful what I say to people because I don't always like what others say to me.
Monday, July 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment