Tuesday, July 05, 2005

A hind sighting.....

I was in the Blue Ridge mountains this weekend. Met my parents, sister, and my brother-in-law at the top of a very beautifully steep mountain. We had an amazing time in 2 days. Felt like a week.

But there is something funny about travelling. I think that almost every time I fly on an airplane or drive away from somewhere I cry or want to (sometimes I refrain if I'm sitting next to a too-in-my-space stranger). I don't know why. I guess I'm possible too sentimental or emotional. I don't like leaving things; but at the same time I love it. I love the "reflection" time (as my brother in law would call it). The feeling of leaving. The feeling of having memories.

I always think about the people I used to know. I guess that's what this blog has become. A lot of reflection. But I like knowing that the people God has placed in my life have a purpose. I love the hindsight view of things. Even if it means I messed up or went through some pain.

No comments: