I have some very talented friends. Lately, I have really enjoyed the stretch that I've been challenged with in seeing new things or learning about or how to do new things...
Yesterday, my friend Chelle and her husband, Mahmood, were premiered at a new art Gallery in Mt P. It was rather exciting as part of the cheering section to see their art and photos displayed in such a beautiful expo in the gallery. They both are extremely talented.
In the parking lot of the gallery were two canvasses. The idea was for everyone to "splatter" (hope that's the correct term) paint on the canvas. Each person was adding their own color and timid style to the canvas. It was neat to see some people get right in there and toss the paint onto the canvass. While others, like me, stood back a little and quickly drizzled the paint and scooted away. I think the artist that was best known for this was Jackson Pollock (someone PLEASE correct me quickly if I'm wrong).
I really was intrigued by the event. The owner of the gallery said, he may call the art "Community". Instantly made me think of the community of the church. (And we are gearing up for 40 days of Community.) How God can use each of us when we are willing to walk up to the canvass and splattered a little paint (a little of what we hold onto as our own pride or talent) onto the canvass to be used. It's really all his paint anyway... and his canvass for that matter...
Sunday, July 31, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment